Thursday 30 October 2014

L.P: 30th October shoot evaluation

We went up to London by train and got to south bank at about 10 am, it took me around an hour to do the girls make-up. I used gold paint and made huge flicks over their eyes like gold eyeliner, I then used eyelash glue to stick gold glitter under and around their eyes. I also painted their lips gold and put the gold glitter over their lips, this created an almost robotic/ outer space feel. The gold represents the name of the song, and also the link between Isaac and the dancers- they are the happiness inside his head, and in later shots we have them painting gold over his face before they disappear and he becomes unhappy again, as his 'happiness' has disappeared.

When we were shooting I did some mid-shots of the dancers dancing in front of the graffiti wall and also some shots of Isaac himself. I filmed a shot where he was sitting on the floor and then danced to a standing opposition. I also help construct a lot of the shots, placing the camera so the Isaac was central to the dancers. When we went to Camden I filmed the dancers and Isaac dancing down the steps towards the camera, and also some away from the camera. I made sure Isaac mouth synced the words correctly by saying the words to the songs and then he'd repeat it in time with the music. However, when we went to the stairwell we didn't realise how many people would be walking around Camden,meaning that we had to get really quick shots as the public kept walking up and down the steps. This was a problem we were able to overcome as we just shot quickly when the stairwell was free.

No comments:

Post a Comment