Thursday 20 November 2014

A.M: Digi pack designs

I have started to create some mock up front cover designs for our digi pack.
I have chosen an image of  our main character in the music video. The colours in this image are very vibrant and eye-catching.
First I have increased the saturation of the image and changed the brightness and contrast. Then I have experimented with placing the text in different areas of the cover to see what looks best.
I placed the text at the bottom of the cover to begin with. I have used the same font which snakehips use for all of there album artwork. I like the use of a strip across the album cover as it makes the title stand out and look bold.

Here I have made the text white on one cover and black on the other. Using the white text is more appropriate as this is what previous snakehips album cover artwork has looked like. Also it looks very clean and sleek in white.

For this cover I made the text black and white and left the rest of the cover saturated. As you can see the text isn't clear at all and is barely readable over the t shirt. If we were to use this technique a different image would have to be chosen.



This is the cover in black and white. However I think colour looks better for this front cover image.


Here I have found another image and placed the white text at the bottom again. I have tried to imitate a technique used on previous snakehips artwork by blurring the image which is shown below.

I think this looks very effective and is one of my favourite designs. It is bold  and makes the title of the single very clear. It is also very eyecatching and interesting to look at due to the colours.



This is the same image below but less blurred so that you can make out it is the main character on the front of the cover. However I think that the enhanced blurring looks better.


I thought w could use this image for the back of our digipack. It looks very effective with the two characters standing at the edge of the image and the text could be placed in the middle of the two girls.

No comments:

Post a Comment