Tuesday 25 November 2014

L.P: 25th November lesson update

 
I spent this lesson editing our music video. I edited the shots with the dancers disappearing from Isaac's mind and therefore his happiness is disappearing too, as the dancers represent his happiness. We have decided to have them staring at Isaac and looking unhappy, which is a contrast to their happy laughing faces previously in the music video. They start slowly flashing and disappearing, inspired by Bombay Bicycle Club's music video to Carry Me, we use this technique in another part of the music video as well. I used the clips of just Amy standing on the left side of Isaac and other clips of just Livvy standing on the right side of Isaac, I layer them over each other and made the cutting rate really fast on the visual timeline. I cut the clips so that they were only 2 frames before it would cut to the other girl standing next to Isaac, I had to really zoom into the timeline in order to do this as I was using a really small number of frames.

 
Once the dancers disappear, Isaac finds a gold bracelet on the floor and puts it on, this bracelet is used to connect the juxtaposed narratives of the unhappy scenes on the rooftop and the happy scenes with the dancers in London. We have used a close-up of this bracelet on Isaac's wrist to make this connection for the audience. 

No comments:

Post a Comment