Tuesday 4 November 2014

D.B: Resonse to Shoots

Rooftop - October 23rd:
We all went to this shoot and brought our actor Isaac with us. My main job was to organise what everyone was supposed to bring to the shoot for example I was in charge of bringing the track and tripod. I was also mostly in charge of getting the specific shots we wanted and had drawn on our storyboard to make sure we stayed focused. We had to finish the shoot early because it started to rain and there was a worry that the camera would be damaged. Although we placed a scarf over the camera the wind kept blowing the rain onto the lens and we couldn't continue to shoot.

> I took a shot using the camera frame tracking Isaac's feet as he walks up the stairs and out onto the carpark.
> Isaac stood slightly away from the edge of the roof and I manually tracked the camera backwards from the front of his face so that it appeared as though the camera was tracking off of the edge of the roof.
> I used the track and dolly to slowly track away from Isaac standing away from the camera at the railing of the car park.
> I crouched down on the ground to get some handicam shots of the silhouette of Isaac's hand as well as some shots that were lit by the street lights.
> We didn't realise how long we could take and as soon as I could see that Isaac was anxious to finish I rallied everyone along and made us prioritise shots we needed. I held onto the storyboard and lyric deconstruction to instruct the shots we needed to film.
> I positioned the tri-pod and camera in front of Isaac's face while he mimed the lyrics. The song played at the same time so that the timing of his miming was perfect.
> At the end of the shoot it started to rain and we tried to power through. Me and Alex made sure the camera was covered up and after the lens kept getting wet and ruining the shots, and Isaac was starting to shiver, we both made the decision that we would have to come back for another shoot at a later date.

London - October 30th:
Our original plan was to get the 05:21 train from High Brooms to Waterloo East so the we could make the most of the day but because we were going on a weekday it was a lot more expensive than expected so we waited until 09:12 so we could buy a group off-peak travelcard. We managed to film everything fairly quickly and our actors were confident and unafraid of dancing on camera for us in front of the public. We played Gold - Bondax (Snakehips remix) aloud so that our actors could dance in time to it and they would feel less awkward, we would also dance along with them to make them feel more comfortable.

> I positioned the tripod and filmed the 3 actors jumping off a wall, we plan to edit this to be in slow motion in the video.
> I took some handicam shots of the 3 dancers spinning around both simultaneously and at different times.
> I filmed some handicam shots of the dancers feet at different angles.
> Isaac faced the camera directly and mouthed some of the lyrics, I framed and filmed this followed by a close MS of Isaac smiling straight at the camera and then turning round and to face the wall but with his body in the exact same framing. We will cut this so he flicks from front to back in our video.
> I was in charge of keeping the storyboards to ensure that we had all the shots we needed. At some points our dancers would get distracted and start talking and joking around so I made sure that we all stayed focused. I would communicate with the actors as well so that they knew exactly what we wanted from them.
> As we were travelling to different locations I was also in charge of making sure we got on the correct tube and were going in the right direction. Speeding us along was important and necessary especially when we got to the stairwell in Camden because everyone sat down and forgetting to quickly film when there were no people.

Rooftop reshoot - November 4th:
We needed to do a quick reshoot because we didn't manage to finish all the shots from the first time. This shoot took only 1 hour and we managed to shoot everything we planned.

> I asked everyone to be quiet so that I could film some ambient sound that we could delete the video and use for the audio at the beginning of the music video as he walks up the stairs.
> I filmed some shots of Isaac smoking, we used the tripod for this because we wanted the shot to be perfectly still.
> Whilst other people filmed I paid close attention to what they were shooting and suggested ways that they could make the shot better for example, when Laurel was filming the silhouette of Isaac's shadow I told Isaac where to stand so that the shadow was clearest and suggested that Laurel should do a pan up from the top of his shadow.
> When we had written that we wanted him to portray his sadness through non-verbal language I came up with the motions he should do for example, how he should lean against the barrier with his face in his hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment