Thursday 27 November 2014

D.B: 27th November Lesson Update

After watching our rough cut so far I have realise that we have gotten slightly off plan and have been too focused with getting clips onto the timeline to the point where the narrative has been slightly lost.

I edited the part of the video where the lyrics go:
"Through crystal balls I don't see no-one else, else
No I don't see"

I added in the ELS where Isaac walks to the edge of the car park because I thought the shot would slow the pace down dramatically from the contrast in pace of the music because the audience would suddenly have a distance from the main character to give time for reminiscence and consideration of the narrative.

This meant that some of the other shots didn't make sense in terms of their order. I rearranged them into a more relevant order and then time stretched some of the clips to fit with the cutting rate that went in time to the relevant beats of the music.

There is a shot of Isaac blowing out smoke and, in order to keep the pace of the music slow whilst keeping with the conventions of the genre and keeping the video visually interesting, I cut some parts of the shot up and reversed them. I then copy and pasted the reversed shot and re-reversed it back to normal in time with the music. Stretching, compressing and reversing means that we have to rendering the videos which is fairly time consuming.


No comments:

Post a Comment