Tuesday 23 September 2014

A.M: Tuesday 23rd September Lesson



Skrillex-Summit

I love how at the start of the video the location of the character changes but the character stays in the same place. It looks very effective and i think we should replicate this in our video:







Also I like the use of different costumes used. It makes it clear that the clips are on different days at different times and adds a depth to the video. Her non-verbal language stays the same but her place costume and activity is different. This will be very useful when conveying our main characters mood changes.

Also I think that the very obvious amplified relationship between the visuals and music is very effective. The shot cuts on the more prominante beats of the music. This technique will be very effective for our track as it is a dance track with very prominent beats.


The lighting used is always very different in all the shots. I particularly like the coloured lighting near the beginning of the video:





I thought the shots of smoke looked very atmospheric. I liked the editing techniques used, such as the reverse shots of when the smoke is going into the girls mouth.





I thought the use of strobe lighting was very unique and different. I believe using this lighting would be ideal for some shots of the dancers.



I liked the use of the prop glitter. It created so creative and imaginative shots. We could use gold glitter as a prop in our video to represent.






The editing technique split screen was used during a section of the video. The out come was very visually peculiar but made a very artistic clip. Using split screens for some of our dancing characters would create a very effective outcome.




This video portrays youths in a stereotypical reckless and free way. I think we should use a similar representation in our video, however also represent the emergent ideology that youths do have bad times and issues that they are facing.

No comments:

Post a Comment